Latest News & Events13th October 2017
We’re holding a hospital evacuation exercise on Monday 13 Nov – it is slightly unusual as...
An initiative that’s created waves all over the world is coming again to Bath in October 2017.
The ‘Soup Movement’ began in Detroit in 2010, an innovative crowd-funding project designed to help the city get back on its feet. In the last five years the project has raised more than $100,000 (£75,000) and has supported the success of many not-for-profits, local businesses and community organisations.
With around 60 Soups now in the UK, The Volunteer Centre Bath and beyond, Bath College and partners are coming together to host the third Bath Soup Event at Bath Foodcycle
St Mary’s Catholic Church (Meeting Room), Julian Road, Bath, BA1 2SF .
6pm - 8pm
How it works
* Everyone pays £5 (plus 90p which is the ticket commission for Eventbrite) and the purpose of the evening is to watch five people pitch an idea- Dragons’ Den style, to improve their local community.
* Once the ideas have been pitched, everyone gets a bowl of soup to eat, plus a chance to chat and mull over the pitch they want to vote for. When the votes have been counted, the project with the most votes receives all the cash raised on the night to start their project.
* The event aims to bring together people who share a desire for a better community. The added advantage is they also get to meet people and share ideas and resources. New connections are made and it brings the community closer together
Pitchers - They had 5 minutes to put forward your idea, you can use props, but digital presentations are not allowed!
* Have to be prepared to answer up to five questions from the audience
* The winner agreeing to come along to the next event and give an update on how the money has been used.
We received a high level and calibre of applications, and the panel had a fifficult job of choosing only five, here are the five who will be pitching at the third Bath Soup Project evening: "Good Luck"
1: Inner Flame - Mentoring opportunity for young people
2: Keynsham Mencap - Music Man project
3: Jessie May - Teatime
4: Bath City Farm - Training at the Trough
5: Genesis Trust - Life Skills Drumming Group
We aim to be a safe place where people of all ages and backgrounds can come together to share a common interest in improving their local community and bring people together who want to make a difference, engage others, have fun, be creative and make connections with their neighbours
* You will have one vote
* Any questions you have can be asked at the end of the pitch
* If you can add value to the winning project by donating additional resources they might need feel free to offer
* Promote your business, organisation or charity at the event and share your skills and knowledge with local people via networking on the night
To enable all the funds raised on the night to go directly to the winning project previously here a number of sponsors that backed the initiative; Handelsbaken part sponsor the venue, Morgan-Brinkhurst Consultancy has sponsored aprons to be used by the soup servers. Mailboxes Etc getting behind the idea, sponsoring all of the project's print needs, the Business Exchange, the Futures Hub (Bath College), and the Thoughtful Bread Company. if you would also like to sponsor a future event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZUfVPQ00Ro
Are you a charity or commuity group and would like to pitch for our next event ? Just complete the application form below:
and the return it to Mike Plows email@example.com